Website First Interstate Bank
The Loan Post Close Specialist I is responsible for the post-closing review of Consumer, Commercial and Specialty loans to insure all document and perfection requirements have been met and that the bank’s position and security interest has been satisfied following Bank policy and procedures. The Loan Post Close Specialist I is responsible for reviewing a wide variety of loan and line products from simple to complex transactions. The Loan Post Close Specialist I will be responsible for meeting completeness, turn time and accuracy requirements dictated by established service level agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Image and validate scan quality and completeness of the physical copies of original loan files and actively maintain file storage and organization.
- Performs the post close review function, insuring that loan documents comply with collateral terms of the approval.
- Pro-actively works with the Loan Originators, Loan Closing Specialists, 3rd parties and customers to resolve loan document issues and to clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
- Inputs, updates and monitors exceptions on the bank’s exception system for Escrow taxes and insurance
- Perfects all types of collateral
- Reviews UCC filings/releases, recorded mortgages, vehicle titles, and flood and hazard insurance assignments processes
- Processes trailing documents, reviews and clears exceptions as appropriate through the tickler process
- Process all paid notes; secured and unsecured; checking for any cross-collateralization
- Contacts internal and external sources in order to pro-actively clear existing exceptions with assistance
- Performs post-closing activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Reviews final title policies to ensure accuracy per established policy and procedure
- Works with Loan Review during audits regarding loan document questions, tickler monitoring and exceptions
- Assists Banking Center and Relationship Manager Personnel with questions and information requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year College or University preferred; two (2) years of work experience in a financial institution with a focus on Collateral Control and post-closing operational experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Good personal computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, WORD, and e-mail; self-starter and works with minimal direction; good verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills and team orientation; ability to meet deadlines; ability to appropriately escalate issues requiring problem solving and decision making.
Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures related to loan servicing.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Accepts shared ownership and accountability for results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk & use hands to type or write. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours of operation may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate business demands.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit fib.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.