Website First Interstate Bank
Processing of wire transfer transactions for the bank and its customers. Balancing daily wire transaction activity and resolving out of balance issues. Providing phone support to branches with building wires and understanding current procedures and regulations. Submitting traces on wires as requested by branch and following through to resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Perform daily operational functions for processing wire transfer transactions accurately and timely.
- Able to perform in a high volume environment and meet deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Prepare, process and maintain documentation related to wires with strict adherence to documented procedures.
- Ensure all necessary wire information is properly and accurately completed.
- Ensure customer inquiries and issues are researched and addressed timely and accurately.
- Able to work well in fast-paced, small team environment.
- Assist other employees via phone or email in executing wire transfer requests for customers. Must provide clear, concise and accurate instructions to branch employees and remain professional while doing so.
- Reconcile, balance and adjust wire transfer related offages.
- Identify and correct discrepancies and/or errors in procedures as well as write new procedures.
- Familiarity with banking industry, regulations and compliance; ability to learn and understand regulations and procedures pertaining to domestic and international payments, including OFAC, BSA, and Foreign Remittance Transfers Rules under Regulation E.
- Research and resolve issues and provide solutions without assistance and solve non-routine issues with limited assistance. Use available resources to find answers, solutions, and ideas.
- Ability to question anomalies, research them and escalate where appropriate.
- Ability to learn new and existing programs quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED. Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the Banking industry preferred. Working knowledge of PCs including Excel, Word, and Outlook software programs. Familiarity with basic accounting concepts and balancing principles, BSA, Know Your Customer, OFAC, and Anti-Money Laundering principles.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Keyboarding skills, speed & accuracy; 10 key, accuracy important. Capable of working independently. Must be highly detail, able to multi-task, able to prioritize, and self-motivated. Must be able to understand and enforce procedures and regulations. Possess good analytical thinking skills in order to gather and interpret data where problems are moderately complex. Must be able to identify situations where escalation to management is appropriate. Must have strong problem solving skills. Be dependable, reliable, and possess a strong work ethic. Must possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit fib.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.