Website First Interstate Bank
The Loan Collector is responsible for the daily collection of payment on assigned delinquent accounts by reviewing documentation, system information, contacting the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence and arranging repayment schedules in order to minimize loss to the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Works assigned queues to collect delinquent accounts by phone or mail
- Negotiates arrangements with customer to bring accounts current
- Documents Collector activity and maintains records/notes/comments within the Collection system
- Produces appropriate delinquent/collection letters per established guidelines
- Works closely with customer on repayment programs
- Responds to customer inquiries, requests and problems
- Payment processing
- Skip Tracing as required to locate customer contact information
- Prepares and submits loan accounting system maintenance requests
- Prepares and submits Change in Terms
- Insurance processing (understand and discuss forced place insurance policies, payment changes and refunded
- As applicable, works closely with Investors and/or Insurers to resolve delinquencies
- As applicable, keeps up to date on Investor and/or Insurer policy changes
- Maintains delinquency ratios per established goals
- Exhibits an understanding of applicable federal regulations, policies and procedures necessary to correctly collect debt as well as regulatory and/or Investor requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. Prefer one or more (1+) years’ experience in a financial institution with a focus on lending, collections and/or customer service activities.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer skills essential, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Requires initiative and solid judgement with oral/written communication skills including facilitation. Ability to prioritize work and remain adaptable under pressure. Good time management and organizational skills evidenced in previous assignments. Self-starter and works under Supervisor/Team Lead direction and has strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to appropriately escalate issues requiring problem solving and decision making
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance Instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit fib.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.