Loenbro is looking for a hard, dedicated local Inspection Helper for the CHS refinery in Laurel, MT. This position is responsible for assisting Inspection Technicians and performing tasks such as documenting measurements, reading thickness, and tracing pipes. Entry Level position starting at $17-$18/hr based on work experience with opportunity for advancement. Must be able to pass preliminary background and drug testing. Inspection experience not necessary, construction type experience preferred
For more information about Loenbro – please visit the loenbro.com
- Keep inspection truck clean and organized.
- Participate in daily safety toolbox meetings.
- Work with technician to make sure all necessary equipment is ready for the project.
- Utilize the GigaTrack inventory management system for checking out equipment and materials.
- Keep all FR gear and other PPE clean and in working order.
- Clean-up work area regularly.
- Constantly learn and ask questions about inspection process.
- Effectively report safety issues/injuries in a timely manner to the Safety Liaison or Safety Personnel.
- Properly collect and dispose of consumable items and waste on jobsites.
- Document daily work in a job diary.
- Maintain tool box inventory in preparation for needs and audits.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Experience in construction industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to work both in field and office settings.
- Understand and adhere to project rules and regulations.
- Understand workplace communication.
- Understand the needs of the Technician for the specific projects.
- Must be comfortable with working in high places and confined spaces.
- Ability to work in a high production, fast moving, flexible environment.
- Keep absences from work minimal if no non-existent and arrive to work on time.
- Understand and be prepared for travel requirements and expenses (hotel/meal costs, laundry, etc.).
- Always show respect for technicians, customers, inspectors, and all other individuals you come in contact with during work situations.
- Be ready and willing to take on all job-related tasks that arise on the project.
- Need to be able to climb inside tanks and towers to perform required inspection
- Lifting necessary equipment and materials up to 50 pounds
- Pulling up to 80 pounds
- Climb ladders up to 5 stories
- Ability to crawl into and on uneven spaces
- Walking on uneven surfaces
- Walking up to 8 miles per day
Outside the majority of the time
Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
Manufacturing, pipeline, and refining environment
Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
Limited working surfaces
The use of X-ray machines
Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
Exposure to areas with limited visibility
Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-50 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
Walking on uneven terrain, with an average of 2 miles per day
Sit, stoop, crawl, and kneel
Use of respirator if position requires
Driving if required to travel
If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
Benefits: Loenbro offers a competitive salary, benefit package & perks to those who join our team.
- New Hires are eligible first of the month following 60 day waiting period
- Health Insurance- We offer two competitive health plan options through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) enrollment options
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Accident, and Life coverage
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Other benefits include but not limited to an EAP, Telemedicine and a 24/7 Nurseline
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit loenbro-inc.hiringthing.com.