Website Century Companies
FINISH BLADE OPERATOR
Classification: Full Time Seasonal
Compensation: Prevailing Wage or comparable
Reports to: Superintendent
Work Location: Montana/North Dakota/Wyoming
Operate a self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone to finish grade specifications in construction and maintenance of earthwork structures, such as highways, streets, dikes, temporary roads, and sub-divisions.
- Capable of blue topping roads and pads.
- Fully understand the controls and function of the blade.
- Operate all controls and functions in a safe and non-abusive manner.
- Communication via 2-way radio.
- Achieve acceptable rough and finish grade in all types of soils and conditions.
- Read and understand grades on stakes.
- Watch and report on wear items (i.e. cutting edges, teeth).
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years finish blade operations experience required.
- Experience with TOPCON Machine Control preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must require minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- At least 20/40 acuity (Snellen) in each eye with or without correction. At least 70 degrees peripheral in horizontal meridian measured in each eye.
- Must be able to perform with or without accommodations.
- Must be available to travel in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Work Demands & Environment:
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, and as needed, safety-toed boots, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and weather.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, sit, shovel, sweep, rake, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms, possibly for extended periods.
- Requires occasional moving/lifting of up to 50 pounds during the course of the work day.
CENTURY COMPANIES, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Please Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.centuryci.com.