By Early Stage Montana
From Whitefish to Havre to Glendive to Billings, Montana definitely has its share of innovative ideas and driven entrepreneurs. Narrowing them down to only seven available slots was no easy task, but the application pool is growing each round.
These early-stage tech companies will spend five intensive days at the September HyperAccelerator from Sept. 9-13 in Billings, receiving in-depth mentorship and intensive training on what it takes to build and fund a successful business.
- BlackHyve – A financial project management software helping construction professionals better track and manage costs and profitability.
- Glacigen – Materials-science business with a patented approach to creating more battery power from existing battery technologies, enabling more advanced battery applications from vehicles to aircrafts and more.
- HomeManager – A cloud-based software for homeowners to track home maintenance activities, while also sending notifications that help maintain safety, energy efficiency, and property value.
- MicroLab – Provides high-quality, computer-based instruments, software, and curriculum for college chemistry laboratories, while engaging students in inquiry and research, and offering hands-on learning to the rapidly growing distance-learning student population.
- MoblHom – An online marketplace listing mid-term housing rentals for people who are relocating or needing temporary housing—a market that is overlooked and lost between the solutions offered by AirBnB, HomeAway, VRBO, and traditional realtor services.
- Research Lab Source – An online marketplace where buyers of highly sensitive and technical scientific equipment can explore a wide array of options, find what they need, and order it quickly without the inconvenience of having to use a “middleman” or distributor sales rep.
- Tourbase – A cloud-based software for tour managers that provides turnkey reservation, transaction processing, and communications functions specifically tuned to the needs of tour operators and outfitters.
Congratulations to the fall 2019 cohort of companies. They will join the seven terrific firms who participated in the spring 2019 program and will help continue the success of last year’s qualifying companies. These companies will compete to win $50,000 in investment at the Statewide Showcase on November 7 in Missoula.
Each year, ESMT hopes to create opportunities for these companies to grow faster and create more high-paying tech jobs in our communities.
About the Publisher: Early Stage MT is a non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of emerging technology businesses in Montana by helping early stage tech companies avoid mistakes that slow growth, and connecting them to the training, mentors, contacts and financing to scale quickly. Learn more about ESMT.