The Montana High Tech Business Alliance is looking for three new board members who share our passion for our mission and whose talents and experience can help grow the organization.
Who we are: Launched in April 2014, the Montana High Tech Business Alliance is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)6 association focused on creating more high-paying jobs in Montana. The Alliance currently has more than 350 member high tech and manufacturing firms and affiliates in Montana.
Our Mission: To be the force enabling responsible tech sector growth in Montana.
What we do:
- Connect tech leaders across the state through networking events and educational programs.
- Promote Montana’s strong high tech and manufacturing sector, serving as the best source of industry knowledge and a central voice for members to increase their visibility and influence.
- Accelerate business growth by helping to fill Montana jobs with skilled workers through our online jobs portal, community outreach, and workforce development initiatives.
Current Board Members:
- Kelly Schwager, VP of Global Communications, Oracle, Columbia Falls (board chair)
- Liz Marchi, Chief Marketing Officer, Two Bear Capital, Founder, Frontier Funds I and II, Polson
- Jason Mittelstaedt, Co-founder, Yellowstone Growth Partners, Bozeman
- Tom Stergios, SVP – Strategy & Corporate Development, Advanced Technology Group, A Cognizant Company, Missoula
- Paige Williams, Founder, Audience Awards, Missoula (After serving for five years, Paige will be leaving the board at the end of 2019.)
To be eligible, board nominees must be founders, CEOs, or senior executives of organizations that are current dues-paying members of the Montana High Tech Business Alliance.
The Alliance strives for our board to reflect our membership and thus is seeking a diverse pool of candidates:
- Representing geographic regions across Montana
- From varied sectors including tech and manufacturing
- Leading all stages of companies – startup, growth, or mature
- Diverse in other ways such as gender, race, age, skills, professions and backgrounds.
Board members will be elected to two-year terms with no limit on the number of terms. Attendance is required at four quarterly board meetings per year, with occasional special meetings or conference calls as needed. Board members serve without compensation, though the Alliance will reimburse expenses.
We are looking for individuals who can:
- Listen to our members’ needs and interests and advocate on their behalf
- Help guide our strategic vision
- Represent the Alliance’s work and values to the community
- Act as responsible stewards of the organization’s assets, reputation, financial and human resources, and mission
How to Submit a Nomination:
Montana High Tech Business Alliance Members are encouraged to nominate individuals who might be a good fit for the board. Members may nominate themselves. Please submit the nominee’s name, organization, job title, and professional bio using this form. Additional materials such as a resume/CV, professional references, or statement of interest are welcome but not required. Nominations must be received no later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
The Board and Executive Director will interview all nominees either by phone or in person as part of the evaluation process. Nominees have 7 days to accept or decline their nomination. The nominating committee will present a final list of candidates to the Montana High Tech Business Alliance membership for a vote at the annual meeting to be held October 30, 2019 in Missoula. Nominees need not be present at the annual meeting to be included on the ballot.